|2 1/2 cups||(625 ml)||rolled oats|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||flaxseed meal|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||chopped pecans|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||shredded coconut, unsweetened|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||raisins|
|1 1/2 tsp||(7 ml)||cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||ground ginger|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||nutmeg|
|1/8 tsp||(1/2 ml)||ground cloves|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||finely grated carrots|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||apple juice|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||unsweetened applesauce|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||butter, melted and cooled|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||maple syrup|
|1 1/2 tsp||(7 ml)||vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 295F(150C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats through spices.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, including the carrots.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spread the mixture on the parchment lined baking sheet, pinching together some of the mixture to form granola clusters.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes, roatating every 20 minutes until desired crispness is acheived. Do not stir as this will break up the clusters.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, store in airtight container and use to top your yogurt or eat as a breakfast cereal.