|1/3 cup||(75 ml)||granulated sugar|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||cornstarch|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||cinnamon|
|4 cups||(1 L)||quartered strawberries|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||fresh or frozen raspberries|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||fresh or frozen blueberries|
|2||apples, peeled and cut into very thin wedges|
|zest of 1 lemon|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||lemon juice|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||milk|
|1 1/2 cup||(375 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||granulated sugar|
|1 1/2 tsp||(7 ml)||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||baking soda|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt|
|1/3 cup||(75 ml)||cold butter, cut into small cubes|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small blow, stir sugar with cornstarch and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, mix berries, applies, zest, and lemon juice. Gently mix with sugar mixture.
- Place in 13x9-inch(3L) baking dish.
- In a measuring cup, stir milk with vinegar. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using fingers, pastry blender, or fork, cut in butter until crumbly and you see small bits (pea sized) of butter.
- Stir in milk and vinegar mixture just until blended. It will not be smooth. Do not over mix.
- Using a large spoon, dollop evenly over the fruit. Not all of the fruit will be covered- that's okay.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden and fruit is bubbling. *If toping is browning too much, cover with tin foil and finish baking.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!