|10-12 slices||raisin cinnamon bread|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||dried cranberries or raisins|
|1||(small)||orange, zest and juice|
|1 3/4 cups||(450 ml)||milk|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||vanilla yogurt (low fat)|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||brown sugar|
|1 1/2 tsp||(7 ml)||cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||nutmeg|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||vanilla|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||honey|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||vanilla yogurt|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Lightly butter a 9” by 13” (23 cm by 33 cm) baking dish and set aside.
- Cut the raisin cinnamon bread into cubes and place in a large bowl. Add dried cranberries (raisins) and orange zest and set aside.
- Prepare custard by beating together milk, eggs, yogurt, brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Pour custard mixture over the bread. Mix well and let stand for 15 minutes until liquid is well absorbed. Mix bananas into bread and custard mixture. Pour into baking dish. Place in centre of oven and bake for 50-65 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a sharp knife into the center of the pudding. The knife will come out clean when the bread pudding is cooked.
- Warm the honey in a small sauce pan on low heat.
- Remove from heat and mix the yogurt into the honey.
- Spoon over warm bread pudding and serve.