|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||unsalted butter|
|3/4 cup||(190 ml)||white sugar|
|1 1/4 cup||(310 ml)||whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||baking powder|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||ground nutmeg|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||vanilla|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||quick rolled oats|
|3/4 cup||(190 ml)||raisins|
|1||(medium)||Granny Smith apple, shredded|
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. If you do not have parchment paper, mist the baking sheets lightly with vegetable spray.
- In a large glass bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ground nutmeg; stir into the sugar mixture, add vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Fold in the rolled oats, raisins and shredded apples. Drop the cookie dough by the spoonful about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned. Let the baking sheets cool on wire racks.
- Serve with a tall glass of milk.