Today, more than ever, students need the nutritional benefits of milk at school. Milk with lunch helps provide the energy and nutrition children need to perform their best physically and mentally. Students learn better and are more alert when they are well-fed with a variety of healthy foods.
Between the ages of 2 and 12, children more than double their weight and height and lay the foundation for a body that will last a lifetime. Children who consume milk with lunch are more likely to meet their bone-building needs. Children only grow up once. It is important to help them build and maintain healthy habits.
What is Club Moo?
Club Moo is a milk program that encourages children to develop the healthy habit of drinking milk everyday by making it fun. Simply offer milk three to five times per week at school. All children at participating schools receive free materials which support including milk as a part of a healthy diet. It’s fun and it’s easy!
Club Moo in 8 easy steps!
1. Register for the program.
2. Appoint a Milk Manager.
3. Purchase or acquire a fridge to keep the milk cold. Don’t have a fridge? We can help!
4. Place a milk order with your local dairy. Not sure who to call? We can help!
5. Set the price for milk and encourage parents to prepay for milk by the month or year.
6. Recruit student Milk MOO-nitors to help distribute the milk and incentive prizes.
7. Call the Club Moo Crew at Alberta Milk if you have any questions.
8. Have fun! Look for exciting ways to award the prizes and promote the program!
Club Moo Crew at Your Service!
We are happy to help! Schools registered for Club Moo will receive:
- A toll free helpline for all your questions 1.877.361.1231 ext 3327
- A user friendly manual with all the information you’ll need to run the program
- Free program materials like student incentives, sample letters, lists, milk tickets, punch cards, posters, clip art and special events booklets
- Five electronic MOOsletters per year to keep you up to date on the latest news coming out of Club Moo Headquarters
Special Events- Milk and Cookie Day
Nothing beats cookies dunked in cold fresh milk. Your school can have your Milk & Cookie Day any day that suits your schedule. It’s up to you! You can combine Milk & Cookie Day with another event such as Valentine’s Day, School Spirit Day, a sporting event, or make it a special day all on its own!
Register now before the cookie crumbles.
If you have any questions about Club Moo Special Events, please email Club Moo Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only Alberta schools are eligible.
Introduced in 2011, the Student Leadership Module offers an innovative leadership opportunity for grades 4, 5, and 6 students. Club Moo schools can register for this program which provides a complete toolkit that will allow students to run the Club Moo program as a not-for-profit business. It is a great opportunity for students to learn leadership and organizational skills while learning the value of volunteerism, community involvement and community development.