Another year is coming to a close and here on the Easy. Tasty. Healthy. blog we’re counting down the top ten recipes of the year. The Dairy Divas have been keeping up with trends, finding new ways to use everyday superfoods, bringing back the classics and getting creative in the kitchen. But what were your favourite recipes of the year?
Let’s start the countdown.
10. Sweet Barley Dessert – cozy up on a cold winter’s night with this local twist on rice pudding.
9. School-Safe Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars – great for packing in the kids’ lunches!
8. Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats – a big batch breakfast that can be used as leftovers for hectic mornings.
7. Peanut Butter Protein Bites – a great pre-workout snack with both vanilla and chocolate versions.
6. Comfort Scalloped Potatoes – nothing like a classic to complement your holiday meals.
5. Taco Supper Bake – a quick, simple and tasty twist on taco night.
4. Greek Yogurt Pancakes – a pancake recipe with only 4 ingredients? Yup, you heard right.
3. Fire Roasted Tomato Bisque – a restaurant copycat that rivals the real thing.
2. Spiced Chia Pudding – get ready to eat dessert for breakfast.
1. Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon – who would’ve guessed that Brussels sprouts would make it onto a top ten list? And our list wouldn’t be complete without sharing our favourites from the year.
Bethany’s Favourite –Grilled Angel Food Cake Why? I love how simple this recipe is and how the basic act of grilling the cake changes what I once knew as angel food cake into a whole new experience. Now it’s my family’s go-to summer dessert!
Lee’s Favourite –Not Your Mother’s Pressure Cooker Why? Pressure cookers speed up cooking time so dramatically, that even without extensive prep, dinner can be ready in 30 minutes. I wish that I had tried using my pressure cooker during my busy years as a hockey mum!
Colinda’s Favourite –Caprese Pizza on a Portabella Mushroom Crust Why? This was my favourite because it was a simple recipe that combined a number of different elements that I love: Caprese anything (salad, appies, topping—i.e. tomatoes in season, fresh mozzarella, basil and balsamic reduction), pizza and Portabella mushrooms, on the grill.
Kristina’s Favourite –Baked Brie and Apple on Naan Why? This recipe was my favourite because it is so simple (only 3 ingredients) but also such a treat. It’s great as an appetizer or served as a side to salad.
Kelsie’s Favourite – Greek Yogurt Pancakes Why? This recipe is my favourite because it is so simple, and for most of us, the ingredients are always on hand. I also love that I can throw fresh fruit in it for something different and I know they will still turn out.
Let us know on Facebook what your favourite recipe from 2015 was!