Alberta Milk does not currently have any openings. However, our partners have exciting opportunities!
Dairy Unit Coordinator, Lakeland College
• Ensure that the College’s state of the art Dairy Learning Centre operates efficiently and effectively
• Work with the farm team and provide support to the Animal Science Technology diploma program which includes a dairy specialization and the Dairy Student Managed Farm
• Work closely with the farm manager, faculty, and students in meeting the Dairy Student Managed Farm learning objectives
• Networking with industry to support dairy education and research initiatives
• Day to day management and operations of a dairy such as labour management, milking, calving and calf management, nutrition and feeding
• Facility maintenance, quota management, herd health, record keeping, breeding/reproduction and other farm related duties
• Post-secondary diploma in agriculture related education
• Demonstrated passion for the Canadian dairy industry
• Minimum of three years of experience working in a dairy
• Strong computer skills
• Manual labour and shift work is required
• Ability to perform artificial insemination would be an asset
This is a Full-time Permanent AUPE appointment commencing as soon as possible. We offer a competitive salary as well as a generous benefit package and pension plan.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at www.lakelandcollege.ca
Visit our Farm Labour Site to post a resume or to upload a job posting.Click here for job postings