Alberta Milk does not currently have any openings. However, our partners have exciting opportunities!
Dairy Herdsperson, Lakeland College
- Day to day operations in the new, state of the art Dairy Learning Centre which includes milking, breeding, calving and calf care, assisting and directing students as per the shift schedule determined by the dairy unit manager
- Running the proper startup operations of milking equipment, ensuring cows are milked out properly and thoroughly, as well as that all milking equipment is kept clean and up to standards
- Calves must be properly tagged and processed as required, administer medication or treatment when needed
- All breeding dates, pregnancy results, vaccination dates, heat dates and birth dates are to be maintained on animal records
- Adhere the Dairy Learning Centre cleaning schedule to ensure the facility is presentable to College Visitors and prospective students
- Assist the dairy unit manager in the maintenance of waterers, manure handling equipment, feed bunks, feeders, shelters, parlors and other equipment to provide for welfare of dairy animals
- Assist farm technicians with bedding, treating, moving livestock or any other farm related duties that may be required as the need arises
- Post-secondary agriculture related education, preferably Diploma in Animal Science
- Demonstrated passion for the Western Canadian dairy industry, as well as dairy experience and knowledge of farm equipment operation and new technology is highly desirable
- Manual labour and shift work
- Ability to perform artificial insemination would be an asset
This is a Full-time Permanent AUPE appointment at the Vermilion campus commencing October 15, 2019. The current salary range is $45,625 – 57,497 per annum, based on 40 hours a week, and includes a generous benefit package and pension plan.
Competition will remain open until September 30, 2019. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit our Farm Labour Site to post a resume or to upload a job posting.Click here for job postings